By Submitted 

Mystery bell

 

Courtesy photo

Within the Burns First Presbyterian Church courtyard lies a 460-pound cast iron mystery.

Excavation of the First Presbyterian Church in Burns started in March of 1909, and a dedication held on March 5, 1911. Along with the building came the bell. The origin of the bell is unknown, according to church members.

The bell was removed from the church in 2007 because high winds on the structure caused the roof to leak. In September 2013, the bell was placed on a stand in he churchyard, where it still resides today.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018