Pine Bluffs Post - Serving all of Eastern Laramie County since 1908

Looking Back

 


100 years ago

July 17, 1914

Church dedication at Carpenter

Sunday was a banner day for the Methodists of southeastern Laramie county. They came from far and near to help dedicate the new First Methodist Episcopal church at Carpenter, Wyoming.

At 10 o’clock in the morning there was a rousing Sunday school with an address by Rev. W.T. Dumm. At eleven o’clock a.m. the organ pealed forth the voluntary, followed by the good old Doxology of many Methodist generations, the saying of the Apostles’ Creed and an inspiring prayer by Rev. Breeden the retired pioneer preacher, who had sowed the fi...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018