From dry goods for farmers to Farmers State Bank
July 20, 2017
Gary Collins/Pine Bluffs Post
The January 22, 1925 edition of the Pine Bluffs Post announced that C. E. Carlstrum was in the process of tearing down the building on Main Street and Lincoln Way which housed his grocery store.
It was further reported that Carlstrum would be erecting a new building on Second and Main Streets to house a large department store, with the name of Carlstrum's Dry Goods store.
There was no follow-up article relating to the opening of the store. However, in the June 11 edition of that year, the store's ad on the back page of the paper subtly announced the new location of the store with the word,...