New year brings down old business making way for new one
January 16, 2020
Pine Bluffs is seeing the end of the first business to open its doors on Parsons St. Anyone driving up the street today would have seen a hollowed out shell of a building that used to be the Sinclair. In 1957, after the completion of the interstate, Standard Oil approached brothers and partners Allen Jones and Jack Hildebrand and asked them to run their service station.
Already in the fuel business, Allen and Hildebrand were running the gas station on Elm Street and decided to pack up and move over to Parsons. The Standard was the first gas station in the state to offer self-service fuel is...