Heritage Society is on the right track
Considered the first to be built in Wyoming, the Union Pacific Railroad depot of Pine Bluffs was constructed in 1907, relocated in 1918 and demolished in November 1980.
The depots on the railroad line where constructed ten miles apart, allowing the old steam engines to take on water. The station west of Pine Bluffs being in Egbert. Over time, with the introduction of diesel engines these stations became obsolete and the railroad started to demolish them. In 1980, this fate befell the depot in Pine Bluffs.
Pine Bluffs resident and farmer, Jack Hockersmith, who along with his wife Jeannie, c...