Veterans service officer to hold community outreach
November 23, 2017
CHEYENNE, Wyo. - A Wyoming veterans service officer from the Wyoming Veterans Commission will conduct community outreach services in Wyoming cities throughout December.
Greg Gauntlett is available to meet with veterans and their families to discuss state and federal veteran's benefits, Department of Veterans Affairs Claims or VA Healthcare.
Greg can also help veterans and their families apply for benefits, file claims or request healthcare.
His office is located at the Joint Forces Readiness Center, 5800 Central Ave., in Cheyenne, and he will also be available at the following locations:
* Wheatland: Dec. 7, 14 and 21 at the Workforce Services Center, 1958 W. Mariposa Pkwy, from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
* Guernsey: Dec. 13 at the Camp Guernsey chapel, from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
* Torrington: Dec. 5 and 19 at the Workforce Services Center, 1610 East M St., from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
* Torrington: Dec. 12 at the Veterans of Foreign Wars, 908 W. 25th Ave., from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
* Pine Bluffs: Dec. 18 at the Pine Bluffs Senior Center, 309 Elm St., from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
* Cheyenne: Dec. 6 at Laramie County Community College "DMZ" Veteran's Lounge, 1400 E College Dr. from 11 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Additional Cheyenne times are available, call for an appointment. Please contact Gauntlett at 307-274-7747 for more information, or to schedule an appointment.
During periods of inclement weather, please check with the staff at the outreach locations to ensure the veterans service officer will be available as scheduled.
Gauntlett, who is retired from the Army, is available to meet with veterans and their families from Goshen, Platte and Laramie counties, in addition to scheduled outreach.