Serving all of Eastern Laramie County since 1908

Salvage titles needed for totaled vehicles older than 8 years

With recent hailstorms impacting Laramie County, the county clerk’s office is reminding residents to obtain salvage titles for vehicles that have been totaled in the storms.

According to Laramie County Clerk Debra Lee, the law applies exclusively to vehicles with a Wyoming title with model years of 2011 or newer.

In order to obtain a salvage title, vehicle owners must obtain a letter from their insurance company stating that the vehicle is a total loss or has incurred damages from hail exceeding 75 percent of the cash value.

The original title and letter from the insurance company need to be m...


Reader Comments(0)