Looking Back

 

100 Years Ago

October 5, 1916

Fire Destroys Old Landmark Here

Old Livery Barn on Main and Third Damaged;

Will Not Be Repaired

Last Saturday between the hours of four and five, the sounding of the city fire bell called the people in flocks to see the destruction of the old livery barn on the corner of 3rd and Main streets. The "lean to" on the south was blazing high when the bell rang and the horses, saddles and harness had all been removed before the hose was attached.

The boys fought for some two hours with two streams of water and succeeded in extinguishing th fire before the building ca...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018

Rendered 09/24/2018 10:28