Sprucing up the Walker house
June 29, 2017
It is unknown when the Walker House which sits on the property of the Texas Trail Museum was built, according to documents in the museum.
The land on which the building stands was donated to the town of Pine Bluffs by the Bay State Livestock company in 1886. What is known is that the building was used for years to house railroad workers, harvest crews and high school students.
In advertisements in the Pine Bluffs Post in 1908 and 1909, the house was known as the Section House Hotel and served food family style for 25 cents a meal. At the time it was operated by R. S. Stratton, who was the...